Once the Inspection Packet is approved…
• Contacted to schedule an inspection (mgr., landlord, authorized rep. must be present at the inspection)
• If the unit fails, a letter will be sent indicating the needed repairs
• After reviewing the repair list, you have the choice whether to complete the repairs to put the unit on the program, or refuse to complete them and the tenant must find another unit.
• If the unit does not pass, the inspection will be rescheduled one time
• If the unit does not pass after the second inspection, the Inspection packet will be denied.
• Common Failed Items:
Bathroom either doesn’t have a working vent fan or window that opens
Doors have inoperable locks or locks installed that require a key to open from the inside
Missing covers on outlets and switches
Exposed, cracked, frayed wiring or wiring not properly secured
Electrical boxes missing knockouts or open spaces in boxes without breakers or blanks
Unit lacks an operable smoke detector in each sleeping room or other required spaces
Apartment numbers are not visible
Wooden fencing is broken
Stove burners that do not work or have missing knobs.
Front & Back yards not mowed or trash /debris in yard or premises