Reasonable Accommodation Request
- In order request a reasonable accommodation, you or anyone in your family must be a person with disabilities and require a specific accommodation in order to fully utilize our programs and services.
- A reasonable accommodation is an adjustment made to a rule, policy, practice, or service that allows a person with a disability to have equal access to the HCV program. Ex: Making home visits, extending the voucher term, approving an exception payment standard for an accessible dwelling unit.
- If 1 and 2 above apply to your family, make a request in writing by filling out the Request for Reasonable Accommodation Form. NOTE: Include the Fax number to the medical profession that the housing authority should contact.
- Read, print out, sign and return the Reasonable Accommodation Form and provide with the reasonable accommodation request.
- Once submitted, the housing authority will fax a Medical Verification form to the requested profession and determine whether the type and longevity of the disability and whether the accommodation is medically necessary.
- The housing authority will make a decision regarding the reasonable accommodation once the verification is returned by the medical professional.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!